Macs Cue 2
Sound effects playback for Mac OS X
Macs Cue lets you play sound cues
using any Mac computer.
Why Macs Cue?
- Ease of use: Create complex cue sequences visually and intuitively
- Flexibility: Set volume and pan with simple sliders, or create automation
- Quickness: Trim start and end of too-long sound files
- Versatility: Start or stop any other cue from anywhere in a cue
- Tryability: Try it for free, for as long as you want
- Plays AIFF, MP3, AU, WAV, and (unprotected) AAC
- Drag and drop sounds from the finder or from iTunes
- No-edit mode prevents accidental changes to your cue sheet
- Play multiple cues simultaneously (limited only by your computer's speed)
New in version 2.1.0
- Cue sheets with lots of waveform data show progress as they load
- Setting volume/pan automation is easier, with constraints and a grid
- Several crashing bugs fixed
- Several display glitches on Lion and Mountain Lion fixed
- Lots of other bug fixes
- Full list of changes in the version history
Macs Cue is (still!) just $20. Unregistered versions
are fully functional except that a short bit of silence is inserted every
15 seconds or so. This should allow you to evaluate the program during sound design
and rehearsal. If you have any older version, Macs Cue 2 is a free update.
- Macs Cue 2.1 requires an Intel-based Mac with at least OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
This version no longer supports OS X 10.4, or PowerPC.
- Sorry, not available for other platforms. Get a Mac!