Macs Cue 2
Sound effects playback for Mac OS X
Macs Cue lets you play sound cues
using any Mac computer.
Why Macs Cue?
- Ease of use: Create complex cue sequences visually and intuitively
- Flexibility: Set volume and pan with simple sliders, or create automation
- Quickness: Trim start and end of too-long sound files
- Versatility: Start or stop any other cue from anywhere in a cue
- Tryability: Try it for free, for as long as you want
- Plays AIFF, MP3, AU, WAV, and (unprotected) AAC
- Drag and drop sounds from the finder or from iTunes
- No-edit mode prevents accidental changes to your cue sheet
- Play multiple cues simultaneously (limited only by your computer's speed)
New in version 2.0.1
- Added ability to save cue sheets without the waveform data (The Save dialog has a checkbox)
- Fade command (F or f key) works again when cue has been put in "manual volume" mode by moving the fader while playing
- Copying cues now works correctly
- Several other bug fixes
- Full list of changes in the version history
Macs Cue is (still!) just $20. Unregistered versions
are fully functional except that a short bit of silence is inserted every
15 seconds or so. This should allow you to evaluate the program during sound design
and rehearsal. If you have any older version, Macs Cue 2 is a free update.
- Macs Cue 2 requires a Mac with at least OS X 10.4 (Tiger). This version does not run
- Universal Binary; still works on PowerPC Macs. (Requires at least a
1.6 GHz G4 for reasonable performance.)
- Sorry, not available for other platforms. Get a Mac!